Treasure Valley Artists Alliance
1326 W. Cherry Lane, Meridian, Idaho
Short video showing a recent TVAA exhibition at the Meridian Public Library
ARTISTS CURRENTLY ON THE CALENDAR:
Jan 12 – Mar 16, 2023 Gretchen Weitemier
Mar 16 – May 11, 2023 (approx) Mary McInnis
May 11 – July 13, 2023 (approx) Carolyn Greener
July 13 – Sept 14, 2023 (approx) Beverly Chick
Sept 14 – Nov 16, 2023 (approx) Karin Yahr
NO ADDITIONAL OPEN SLOTS AT THIS TIME
An Art Exhibition by
TVAA at Meridian Library
Opening Reception TBD with Artist and Library
This is an opportunity for TVAA members to present a 2-month solo show of their own work in a public forum. Artists are encouraged to show a specific series of work or closely-related work with cohesive and professional presentation.
Proposals by interested TVAA members are now being accepted for these 2-month periods:
- NO OPEN SLOTS AT THIS TIME
This call is for wall-hung works only. While there are no size limits for individual pieces, the overall wall space is limited. Excessively heavy wall pieces are not possible. 3D works which can be reasonably wall-hung on the rail-and-rod system will be considered.
Wall dimensions are:
LEFT WALL (full height) is effectively 12′-5″ wide
RIGHT WALL (over computer counter) is effectively 11-10″ wide
Depending on the nature of work, it can possibly be double hung (ie. “Salon” style).
We are asking for a 3 to 5 image examples of artwork representative of what you would have in the show, plus one image showing your typical framing (or other) finished presentation. Multiple artworks from a series are highly encouraged. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement (draft is OK for now) in 200 words or less. You may also provide a separate artist’s biography in 200 words or less. Our host, the Meridian Library is a public all ages venue.
- There is no accommodation for 3D display at this venue unless it can be wall-mounted. All 2D (wall mounted) mediums will be considered.
- Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- Prices and “for sale” cannot be shown on wall tags, but contact information for the artist is allowed.
- Artists are encouraged to also display a bio and/or general artist statement and artist profile photo for the collection of work.
- Please provide a cohesive body of work and a title for your show.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level may pay a $25 submission fee to considered for this opportunity. This is a member-only opportunity. Acceptance is not guaranteed. This is somewhat of a first-come-first-serve opportunity, for qualifying applicants. If you have questions about which dates are already taken, feel free to inquire before you apply.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- Please submit three to five digital images of original work(s) that are typical of the larger body of work that will complete the show.
- Please include one image showing typical framing (or other) professional presentation.
- See “Important Dates” below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online representation of this show using the images you send in with your application, so send NICE ones!
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date.
Hanging Devices and Presentation
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Meridian Library uses a hanging system of rods and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples and intentionally finished).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available. WE ASK THAT THE ARTIST PARTICIPATE IN THE HANGING OF THE ARTWORK.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor the Meridian Library will handle any sales.
Artists may provide email and/or other contact information to be printed on gallery tags. As per library policy, artworks at the library will not have prices posted.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA and 10% to the library, retaining 80% of the sale for themselves. Sold artwork can be removed before the end of the show period and can be replaced by approved work or can remain in the show with a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- Facilitate hanging of artwork, in coordination with the artist
- Promotion on TVAA website and newsletter
- TVAA will provide printed wall labels.
- TVAA will reimburse up to $50 for reception food & supplies.
- Coordinate with TVAA for opening reception dates.
- Provide wall tag information to curator in a timely fashion (deadline TBD).
- Hang the artwork and remove the artwork on assigned dates.
- Other social media promotion (with TVAA guidelines).
There is no deadline for applying to this opportunity. Openings are generally assigned on a first-come-first serve basis to qualifying applications.
See above for Meridian Solo show date opportunities.
Artwork info for wall tags needs to be submitted to artcurator@TreasureValleyArtistsAlliance.org at least 2 weeks in advance of hanging the show, to include title, media and optional description or statement for each work.
This is a semi-new program and there may still be some kinks. Please don’t be shy to ask if you have questions.