Treasure Valley Artists Alliance / Nampa
OPEN CALL TO TVAA EXHIBITING ARTISTS
Featured Artists Display Cases at Nampa Civic Center
TVAA Exhibiting Artists Members are invited to apply for a special Featured Artists opportunity at the Nampa Civic Center. This is an opportunity to showcase your art and yourself as an artist. The Featured Artists displays will run concurrent with the themed group exhibition. Two artists will be chosen per exhibition cycle to each display a body of their work. The exhibition space includes 2 locked glass cases in the Front Lobby adjacent to the Art Hallway. One artist will be displayed per case with a combination of 2D and/or 3D artworks. You may include articles that support your practice as an artist such as notebooks, art tools, images of yourself in your studio, objects of inspiration, etc. Get creative in showcasing your unique art practice. Please submit up to 10 of your highest quality artworks in any medium. The number of pieces selected will be based on available space.
Artist’s bio and statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement about the body of work submitted (100 words or less). You may provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less).
- All mediums will be considered.
- Nampa Civic Center glass case includes space for displaying 3D sculptural work. Please provide pedestals or risers marked with your name and phone number.
- Our host, the Nampa Civic Center is a public all ages venue. Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- This is a curated exhibition with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
Diagram of the floor space of the cases at the Nampa Civic Center
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to seven digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There will also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Nampa Civic Center uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor the Nampa Civic Center will handle any sales.
Artists may provide email contact information to be printed on gallery tags. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with the price as well as description of the work and a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers.