Treasure Valley Artists Alliance
CALL TO ARTISTS
Verdant Discourse : An Art Exhibition by TVAA at the Initial Point Gallery
March 4th , 2022 – April 1st, 2022
Opening Reception: March 4th, 2022 4-7 pm
Green is the color of life and life has a vast array of experiences. Green is the color of money, the color of greed, the color of jealousy. It is also the color of renewal, growth, and harmony.
In the visible (to humans) spectrum of light, green takes up the most space. We see it everywhere around us, especially in nature.
How do you feel about green? Does it spark your creativity or does it make you feel ill?
Show us your works where the main color or theme is green.
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less). Our host, Initial Point Gallery is a public all ages venue.
- Initial Point Gallery has glass cases for displaying 3D sculptural work. Please provide pedestals or risers marked with your name and phone number. All mediums will be considered.
- Size is not limited for this show.
- Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS
SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The gallery uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor the gallery will handle any sales.
Artists may provide email contact information to be printed on gallery tags.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA, retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- January 5, 2022 Submission of digital images begins
- February 4, 2022 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- February 9, 2022 Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- March 4, 2022 Accepted artwork delivered to Initial Point Gallery, 9 am -10 am
- March 4, 2022 Opening Reception 4-7pm, Initial Point Gallery 33 E. Broadway, 3rd Floor, Meridian Idaho
- April 1, 2022 Exhibition closes, pick up artwork at Initial Point Gallery between hours of 9:30-10:30 am.