Exhibition Dates are TBD
“I glanced out the window at the signs of spring. The sky was almost blue, the trees were almost budding, the sun was almost bright.”
— Millard Kaufman
How can you express the feelings of renewal, the soft color palette of budding promise, or the rebirth of nature? Coming brightness of longer days, returning birds and their song, refreshing sentiment of spring cleaning, and exploring nature after a long winter’s rest, what does Spring mean to you?
Spring will be a curated exhibition that is open to artistic interpretation. All subject matters will be considered, family-friendly not required.
Spring will be the inaugural exhibition in the new TVAA gallery space at Gem Center for the Arts. This new space boasts 48+ linear feet of hanging space plus room for 3D work. The gallery will open to the public during Gem Center Hours and events at the Lounge at the End of the Universe.
Join Treasure Valley Artists Alliance as we Spring forward into the future!
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee; acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s) beginning March 1, 2020 with a deadline of midnight, May 1st, 2020.
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions (framed size) for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale), as well as your contact information.
- Files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in jpeg format.
- Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
- Open to all mediums including 3D artworks.
- Artists Statements must be 300 words or less.
- Please provide social media handles and website links.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- For tips on preparing quality photos of your artwork, please click here.
- NOTE: This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with d-rings and framing wire. The Gem Center uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Gallery wrapped canvases are acceptable, but they must be at least 1.5” deep. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off at the Gallery at the Gem Center for the Arts, 2417 Bank Drive Boise, Idaho, between the hours of 3 pm and 6 pm on a date to be determined. All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Artists may provide email contact information for contact by potential patrons. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with the price as well as a description of the work and a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down if the work has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and will have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers. Neither TVAA nor the Gem Center will handle any sales.
- March 1st, 2020 Submission of digital images begins
- May 1st, 2020 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- All exhibition dates are TBD