Treasure Valley Artists Alliance / The Treasure Chest Gallery
CALL TO ARTISTS
An Art Exhibition by TVAA at The Treasure Chest Gallery
April 27, 2022 – July 19, 2022
Exhibition Poster image by Weston MacKinnon
“A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”
– Duke Ellington
This is an open-theme show. Show off what you are most proud of. Maybe you have followed a new and exciting path recently? Maybe your muse has made a strong showing of late? Have you finally created (dare we say it) a “Masterpiece”? Has the underdog risen? Here is your chance to pat yourself on the back and show off to the Treasure Valley audience and beyond.
Creativity with everything is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Multiple artworks from a series are encouraged. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that tells what drives each work or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less).
- All 2D (wall mounted) or 3D mediums will be considered.
- Size is limited to 432 square inches for each piece (ie. 18×24), plus frame, due to the limited wall space.
- Any subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now (link to membership page) if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS
SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Hanging Devices and Presentation
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Treasure Chest Gallery uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples and intentionally finished).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor the library will handle any sales.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA, retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- February 10, 2022 Submission of digital images begins
- April 9, 2022 (Saturday) Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- April 12, 2022 (Tuesday) Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- April 26, 2022 (Tuesday) Accepted artwork delivered to The Treasure Chest Gallery, 3pm–6:00pm. 2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID
- May 19, 2022 (Third Thursday) Opening Reception 6-8pm, The Treasure Chest Gallery (Pending current Covid-19 restrictions)
- July 19, 2022 (Tues.) Exhibition closes, pick up artwork at The Treasure Chest Gallery, 3pm–6:00pm. 2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID