TVAA Opus 2021 – Call to Artists
TVAA Opus 2021
Annual Juried Show
October 2, 2021 to January 2, 2022
Riverside Hotel, Boise, Idaho
Submit your best work that has been mostly created and completed in the last year (since September 1, 2020).
Open theme – you get to decide what you want to show.
Open to all 2D (wall-hung) or 3D* media.
There will be a guest juror and cash awards.
If you have a story about the work, please share it in 100 words or less.
2D (wall hung) artwork or 3D* that can safely be wall-mounted may be accepted for the physical show at the Riverside. Wall hanging apparatus will be rail and cable. There is good display lighting in most places.
* 3D artwork can be included for the online version of the show and in judging and awards.
There is no size limit (within reason). Please contact the curator if you plan to enter something exceptionally huge or heavy or have unusual needs for display (such as electricity).
Please read carefully, as there are some special requirements for this show.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee.
Opus 2021 is for TVAA members only. Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join TVAA. Annual Exhibiting Artist membership is $75.
TVAA members at the Artist membership level may pay a $25 submission fee.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work during the application period stated below. (see below for additional images for 3D work)
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions (image and framed sizes), for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale), as well as the your contact information.
- Files are to be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Sunset_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG or JPEG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be judged. Poor photos may influence selection for this show. There will also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with application.
- Open to all mediums which can be wall hung using the venue’s cable & rail system.
- Original artwork only. No reproductions or “giclee” prints except for photography or specifically digital media.
- 3D artwork (not wall-hung) will be included with the online version of the show and judging. (Up to 3 images per art piece for 3D work). Unfortunately, the physical venue for this show cannot support 3D work on pedestals or in cases.
- Please keep the artwork family friendly for this venue.
- Artist Statement on each work is encouraged and must be 100 words or less
- Please provide social media handles and website links which may also be included with any online promotion of this show, via your TVAA webpage.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- Though not a requirement, it is recommended that artist signatures be minimal or digitally removed from the images.
- This is a juried show with some cash awards.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
This is a juried show. Its is possible that not all applicants or artwork will be included in this show.
Each accepted artwork should have an appropriate hanging device attached. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. If artwork is heavy, please make sure hanging device is suitable for weight and appropriate for cable-and-rail system. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
For this show, much of the work will be cable-hung, which works best with fairly tight picture wire and D-rings. Sawtooth hangers are not allowed.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off at the venue by the artist or artist’s representative. See below for date, time & location. All artwork must be labeled on the back of bottom of the piece with the artist’s name and the title of the piece, plus any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to sign a release upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Artists may provide email contact information for contact by potential patrons. Artwork for sale will have prices indicated. Any work not for sale will be labeled “NFS”. When the show comes down and if the work has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA and 10% to the Riverside Hotel, retaining 80% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and will have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers. Neither TVAA nor Riverside Hotel will handle any sales.
- July 21, 2020 Submission of digital images begins
- September 1, 2021 Midnight (Wed.) Deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- September 8, 2021 (Sat) Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists by this date.
- September 30, 3-6 pm, and October 1, 9 – noon Accepted artwork delivered to The Riverside Hotel, 2900 W. Chinden Boulevard, Boise, ID 83714
- October 1, 1:00 pm Hanging of show
- October 2 Opening of the show.
- October – Awards Announcement on Facebook, date & time TBD
- Opening Reception – date & time TBD
- December 2021, date & time TBD Holiday Party at The Riverside Hotel
- Jan 2, 2022 Exhibition closes
- January 3, 2022, 3-6 pm and Jan 4, 9 – noon Pick up artwork from The Riverside Hotel
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING STATE ORDERS FOR CONTROLLING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.