Figure This: An Art Exhibition
by Treasure Valley Artists Alliance
at the Treasure Chest Gallery
at the Gem Center for the Arts
2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID
February 16, 2021 – June 8, 2021
This show is not just for bodies, but problem-solving, numbers, numerology, shapes, figures, figuratively speaking, figuring it out, figured wood, maybe even a bowl of figs. Family-friendly is not required. Nude subject matter is welcome, but not required.
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Multiple artworks from a series are encouraged. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less).
- Treasure Chest Gallery has pedestals for displaying 3D sculptural work. All mediums will be considered.
- Size is not limited for this show.
- Not limited to family-friendly – all subject mater will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS
SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Treasure Chest Gallery uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Artists may provide email contact information to be printed on gallery tags. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with the price as well as description of the work and a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA, retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- December 8, 2020 Submission of digital images begins
- January 15, 2021 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- January 22, 2021 Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- February 16, 2021 Accepted artwork delivered to Treasure Chest Gallery at the Gem Center for the Arts, 2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID, 3pm–6 pm
- TBD – Opening Reception 6-8 pm, Treasure Chest Gallery (Pending current Covid-19 restrictions)
- June 8, 2021 Exhibition closes, pick up artwork at Treasure Chest Gallery between hours of 3-6 pm.