Treasure Valley Artists Alliance / Nampa Chapter
CALL TO ARTISTS
Uncanny: Art that explores surreal visions and subconscious journeys
An art exhibition at the Nampa Civic Center
March 26, 2019 – June 24, 2019
We are seeking submissions from artists of all mediums on the theme of the “Uncanny.” This is an opportunity to show art that explores surreal visions and subconscious journeys. Allow your creativity to flow into unexpected places. Our venue, the Nampa Civic Center will be hosting an interactive screening of The Wizard of Oz on the evening of the Uncanny reception. Perhaps this iconic film could provide a jumping off point for thematic inspiration? As always we ask that the subject matter remain family friendly.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a submission fee of $15; acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s) beginning February 3, 2019 with a deadline of midnight, March 3, 2019.
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale), as well as your contact information.
- Files should be named as follows; artist’s last name followed by title.
- Image files must be in jpeg format.
- Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
- Open to all mediums.
- Please no nude images, as requested by our host venue.
- There is a limited amount of space for displaying 3D work.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- For tips on preparing quality photos of your artwork, please click here.
- NOTE: This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with d-rings and framing wire. The Nampa Civic Center uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Gallery wrapped canvases are acceptable, but they must be at least 1.5” deep. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off at the Union Pacific Room of the Nampa Civic Center, 311 3rd St S, Nampa, Idaho, between the hours of 3 pm and 6 pm on March 26, 2019. All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to sign a release upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Artists may provide email contact information for contact by potential patrons. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with the price as well as description of the work and a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down if the work has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA and 10% to Nampa Civic Center, retaining 80% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and will have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers. Neither TVAA, NAC nor NCC will handle any sales.
February 3, 2019 Submission of digital images begins
March 3, 2019 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
March 7, 2019 Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
March 26, 2019 Accepted artwork delivered to Civic Center Union Pacific Room, 3 pm–6 pm (fill out and sign waiver and sign in sheet)
March 29, 2019 Opening Reception 6 pm–9 pm at Nampa Civic Center
June 24, 2019 Exhibition closes
June 25, 2019 pick up artwork at Nampa Civic Center