at the Treasure Chest Gallery
The Gem Center for the Arts
2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID
December 1, 2020 – February 13, 2021
Take it out of proportion. Explore caricature and hyperbole. Go too big or too small, too much of a good thing, hyper-color, amplified, squashed or twisted. Magnify, embellish and distort. Stretch the truth.
Not restricted to family-friendly only.
Artist’s statement, poetry or story encouraged for each work in 100 words or less.
All 2D (wall-hung) and 3D (pedestal) artwork is welcome.
Size is not limited for this show (within reason)
Please inquire early about special display needs.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual Exhibiting Artist membership is $75.
TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members are to pay a $25 submission fee to be part of this show.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work during the application period stated below.
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions (image and framed sizes), for each artwork, price or value (even if not-for-sale), as well as the your contact information.
- Files are to be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Sunset_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG or JPEG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be judged. Poor photos may influence selection for this show. There will also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with application.
- Open to all mediums. Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with d-rings and framing wire. The Gem Center uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. If you have any questions about unusual display needs or unusually large pieces, please ask in advance of applying.
- 3D works can be displayed on pedestals.
- Artwork is not restricted to family-friendly for this venue.
- Artist Statement on each work is encouraged and must be 100 words or less.
- Please provide social media handles and website links which may also be included with any online promotion of this show, via your TVAA webpage.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last hours to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- There is no guarantee that all submissions will be accepted.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS
SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
This is a curated show. It is possible that not all submissions will be included in this show.
Each accepted artwork should have an appropriate hanging device attached. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. If artwork is heavy, please make sure hanging device is suitable for weight and appropriate for cable-and-rail system. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
For this show, much of the work will be cable-hung, which works best with fairly tight picture wire and D-rings. Sawtooth hangers are not allowed.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off at the venue by the artist or artist’s representative. See below for date, time and location. All artwork must be labeled on the back or bottom of the piece with the artist’s name and the title of the piece, plus any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to sign a release upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Artists may provide email contact information for contact by potential patrons. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with “Value $____”. Any work not for sale will be labeled “NFS”. When the show comes down and if the work has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and will have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers. Neither TVAA nor Riverside Hotel will handle any sales.
October 6, 2020 – Submission of digital images begins
November 6, 2020 Midnight (Friday) – deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
November 10, 2020 (Tuesday) – Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
December 1, 2020 – Accepted artwork delivered to Gem Center for the Arts, 2417 Bank Drive, Boise, ID, between 3:00 and 6:00 pm
Opening Reception – date & time TBD
February 13, 2021 (Saturday) – Exhibition closes
February 16, 2021 (Tuesday) – Pick up artwork from the Gem Center between 3:00 and 6:00 pm
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING STATE ORDERS FOR CONTROLLING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.