Collaboration Cure: A Celebration of Making Art Together
The Treasure Chest Gallery
October 4th , 2021 – January 24, 2022
Opening Reception: TBD
Collaborate: verb, col·lab·o·rat·ed, col·lab·o·rat·ing.
to work, one with another; cooperate
Working with an old friend, or a new one can enhance your creativity! Ideas flow freely and there is time to laugh and play.
We have been working in isolation for this past year. It’s time to get out and stretch our collaborative muscles! Grab any artist friend you have and create something.
Let’s see what we can imagine together!
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less).
- One artist on your team must be a TVAA member.
- The Treasure Chest Gallery has pedestals for displaying 3D sculptural work. All mediums will be considered.
- Please keep pieces 24” x 36” or smaller.
- Any subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to five digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on photo tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There will also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Hanging Devices and Presentation
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Treasure Chest Gallery uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples).
Please contact email@example.com in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor The Gem Center will handle any sales.
Artists may provide email contact information to be printed on gallery tags. Artwork for sale will have the works labeled with the price as well as description of the work and a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA (link to donation page) and 10% to the venue, retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- July 23, 2021 Submission of digital images begins
- September 13, 2021 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- September 17, 2021 Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- October 4, 2021 Accepted artwork delivered to The Treasure Chest Gallery, 2417 Bank Drive, 3 pm – 6 pm
- January 24, 2022 Exhibition closes, pick up The Treasure Chest Gallery, 2417 Bank Drive, 3 pm – 6 pm