Beyond the Red Door
TVAA Art Exhibition at Initial Point Gallery
February 1 through 28, 2020
Opening Reception February 4, 2020, 4:30 pm-7:00 pm
Open your heart and mind to the possibilities!
What does red mean to you?
Red is intense, packed with emotion from intense love to anger — representing excitement and energy.
Red is assertive, passionate, daring, romantic, determined, joyful, energetic, powerful, enthusiastic, impulsive, exciting,
How can we take red beyond the cliche and yet celebrate the color?
This TVAA exhibition will be held at the Initial Point Gallery for the month of February. We ask artists to present their best predominantly “Red” creations to celebrate this vibrant color.
As always we ask that the subject matter remain family-friendly.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee; acceptance is not guaranteed. Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership as an Exhibiting Artist is $75.
- You may submit up to five digital images of original work(s) beginning December 7, 2019, with a deadline of midnight, January 20, 2020.
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions (framed size) for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale), as well as your contact information.
- Files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by the title (example: Smith_MyArt.jpg)
- Image files must be in jpeg format and less than 1 MB.
- Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
- Open to all mediums including 3D artworks.
- There are pedestals available for 3D artists. To make displaying easier, please provide risers marked with your name and phone number.
- Please no nude images, as requested by our host venue.
- Artist Statements must be 500 words or less.
- Please provide social media handles and website links.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
NOTE: This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Any fees must be paid before the artwork is hung. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through to the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
The Initial Point Gallery’s hanging system for two-dimensional pieces works best if D-rings are used on the back of each piece pointing upward, approximately three inches from the top of the frame. If the D-rings are too low, the work has a tendency to angle away from the wall. Wire need not necessarily be added to the D-rings. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
All sales are between the artist and client. The City of Meridian does not participate in nor facilitate sales transactions beyond posting the price list in the gallery. Artists may provide email contact information for contact by potential patrons. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS.
When the show comes down if the work has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA retaining 90% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and will have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged by the individual artists and their buyers.
- December 7, 2019 Submission of digital images begins
- January 20, 2020 Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- January 23, 2020 Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- January 31, 2020 Accepted artwork delivered to Initial Point Gallery, 9 am to 12 pm (fill out and sign the waiver and sign-in sheet). For special drop off arrangements please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 4, 2020 Opening Reception 4:30 pm–7 pm at Initial Point Gallery, Meridian, Idaho
- February 28, 2020 Exhibition closes, pick up artwork at Initial Point Gallery from 9 am to 10 am. We are happy to make arrangements for pick up, please let us know in advance.