Treasure Valley Artists Alliance / Meridian Library
CALL TO ARTISTS
A Good Read: An Art Exhibition by
TVAA at Meridian Library
February 1 – April 6, 2021
Opening Reception: TBD
Let your favorite book inspire a new work. Let reading be part of experiencing the artwork. Celebrate the book, the word, and the letter.
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less). Our host, the Meridian Library is a public all ages venue.
- There us no accommodation for 3D display at this venue unless it can be wall-mounted. All 2D (wall mounted) mediums will be considered.
- Size is limited to 320 square inches for each piece, including frame, due to the limited wall space.
- Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS ADDRESS IS IN YOUR CONTACTS
SO EMAILS TO YOU REGARDING THIS SHOW WON’T BE TREATED AS SPAM:
Acceptance of Work
See Application Procedure above for fees related to this exhibition. Artwork selected for the exhibition must be available from the drop-off date through the pick-up date. Substitutions will not be considered. If you think there will be a conflict in scheduling a particular artwork, please do not submit that piece. The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude any artwork for any reason, including not being appropriately prepared for installation.
Each accepted artwork should be ready to hang with well securely mounted D-rings and framing wire. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Read this article for information on professional framing and appropriate hanging devices. The Meridian Library uses a hanging system of cables and hooks which will not work with other types of hanging devices. Pieces without appropriate hanging devices will not be installed.
Frames need to be securely attached to artwork and in good condition. Unframed artworks, such as gallery-wrapped canvases, are acceptable as long as they have presentable edges (example: no visible staples).
Please contact curator in advance for special display needs, such as especially heavy artworks, electricity needs, etc.
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted artwork must be dropped off during specified time and place (see below). All artwork should be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, the title of the piece and any special hanging instructions. This is important for properly identifying each piece, as signatures are sometimes hard to decipher. Artists will also be required to fill out and sign a release waiver and drop-off sheet upon delivery of work. Please take your packing materials home with you, as there is no storage available.
Each venue has specific policies regarding artwork sales, posting of prices and artist’s contact information. Neither TVAA nor the Meridian Library will handle any sales.
Artists may provide email and/or website information to be printed on the gallery tags, as well as a brief artist statement. Any work not for sale will be labeled NFS. Pricing is not displayed, as per Library policy.When the show comes down, if the artwork has sold, artists are encouraged to donate 10% to TVAA and 10% to the Meridian Library, retaining 80% of the sale for themselves. Sold work must remain on exhibition for the duration of the show and can have a “red dot” on the label indicating the work has been sold. Purchases must be arranged between the individual artists and their buyers.
- October 27, 2020 – Submission of digital images begins
- January 17, 2021 [EXTENDED] – Midnight deadline for submission of digital images of original artwork
- January 19, 2021 [RESCHEDULED] – Notification of accepted artworks emailed to artists
- January 30, 2021 [RESCHEDULED] – Accepted artwork delivered to Meridian Library, 1326 W. Cherry Lane, Meridian, Idaho, 2 pm–4:30 pm
- TBD – Opening Reception 6-8pm, at Meridian Library (Pending current Covid-19 restrictions)
- April 6, 2021 – Exhibition closes – pick up artwork at Meridian Library between hours of 3-6pm