TVAA Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Precisely Purple artwork delivery
September 12, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Treasure Valley Artists Alliance / Meridian Library
CALL TO ARTISTS
Precisely Purple: An Art Exhibition by
TVAA at Meridian Library
October 12, 2021 – January 11, 2022
Opening Reception: TBD
This is your opportunity to explore your inner or outer purple. Is purple within your comfort zone or freaky new territory? What are the boundaries of purple . . . mauve, fuchsia, maroon, lavender, violet or plum, almost black?
This call is for wall-hung works of art no larger than 320 square inches total, INCLUDING FRAME.
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Multiple artworks from a series are encouraged. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less). Our host, the Meridian Library is a public all ages venue.
- There is no accommodation for 3D display at this venue unless it can be wall-mounted. All 2D (wall mounted) mediums will be considered.
- Size is limited to 320 square inches for each piece, including frame, due to the limited wall space.
- Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
Click the Apply Now! button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. Submission confirmation email will be automatically sent. If you do not receive this email, please contact curator or resubmit application.