TVAA Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Opus 2022 exhibition deliver artwork
October 3, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
TVAA Opus 2022
Annual Juried Show
October 4, 2022 to November 30, 2022
Water’s Edge Gallery
Riverside Hotel, Boise, Idaho
Submit your best work that has been mostly created and completed in the last year (since September 1, 2021).
Open theme – you get to decide what you want to show.
Open to all 2D (wall-hung) or 3D* media.
There will be a guest juror and cash awards.
If you have a story or statement about the work, please share it in 100 words or less.
2D (wall hung) artwork or 3D* that can safely be wall-mounted may be accepted for the physical show at the Riverside. Wall hanging apparatus is mostly rail and cable. There is good display lighting in most places.
* 3D artwork can be included for the online version of the show and in judging and awards.
There is no size limit (within reason). Please contact the curator if you plan to enter something exceptionally huge or heavy or have unusual needs for display (such as electricity).
Please read carefully, as there are some special and new requirements for this show.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee.
Opus 2022 is for TVAA members only. Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join TVAA. Annual Exhibiting Artist membership is $75.
TVAA members at the Artist membership level may pay a $25 submission fee.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work during the application period stated below. (See below for additional images for 3D work)
- Please include your name, title of work, medium, dimensions (image and framed sizes), for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale), as well as your contact information.
- Files are to be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Sunset_01.jpg). Note that images sent from mobile phone often have their file names altered and may not be acceptable.
- Image files must be in JPG or JPEG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be judged. Poor photos may influence selection for this show. There will also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with the application.
- NEW THIS YEAR – Maximum image files sizes and file naming requirement (see above) will be strictly enforced. Entries that do not comply will be not be accepted. If you have questions or need help in advance, please inquire early. Last minute assistance will not likely be available. Do not count on the curating team to catch errors before the deadline.
- Open to all mediums which can be wall hung using the venue’s cable & rail system.
- Original artwork only. No reproductions or “giclee” prints except for photography or specifically digital media.
- 3D artwork (not wall-hung) will be included with the online version of the show and judging. (Up to 3 images per art piece for 3D work). Unfortunately, the physical venue for this show cannot support 3D work on pedestals or in cases.
- Please keep the artwork family friendly for this venue.
- Artist Statement on each work is encouraged and must be 100 words or less
- Please provide social media handles and website links which may also be included with any online promotion of this show, via your TVAA webpage.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.
- Though not a requirement, it is recommended that artist signatures be minimal or digitally removed from the submitted digital images, as this is good practice for professional show submissions.
- This is a juried show with some cash awards.
- NEW THIS YEAR – Water’s Edge Gallery will be taking a 20% commission and will be handling all sales and sales tax.
- NEW THIS YEAR – Buyers will be encouraged to leave the art in the show until the show closes, but art that is sold and departs the show early will not be replaced, as this is a juried show.