TVAA Events Calendar
Let the Sun Shine exhibition deliver accepted artwork
April 3 @ 10:00 am
Treasure Valley Artists Alliance
CALL TO ARTISTS
Let the Sun Shine: An Art Exhibition by TVAA at the Initial Point Gallery
April 3rd to May 1st 2023
Opening Reception: April 4th, 2023 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Original photograph by Edu Lauton on Unsplash and original sun design by Freepik
Yellow invigorates the mind and stimulates the brain. It can boost memory and can encourage communication. Yellow is warm, comforting, and sunny, like dandelions, fuzzy baby birds, and lemon meringue pie. Yellow is also the color of cowardice and of sickness. It can signal warning and danger too.
Yellow can be the harbinger of joy or of misfortune; it’s all in how we perceive the color.
In the exhibition Let the Sun Shine, 2D and 3D artists from the Treasure Valley Artists Alliance will explore the color yellow in all its meanings and shades.
Creativity with the theme is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Artist’s statement is very important. Please include an artist’s statement that details how each work is relevant to the theme or describes your journey (75 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (75 words or less). Our host, Initial Point Gallery is a public all ages venue.
- Initial Point Gallery has glass cases for displaying 3D sculptural work. Please provide pedestals or risers marked with your name and phone number. All mediums will be considered.
- Size is limited to 432 square inches for each piece, including frame
- Only family friendly subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.