An Art Exhibition by TVAA at The Treasure Chest Gallery
January 17, 2023 – April 18, 2023
Opening Reception: January 19, 2023
Exhibition Photo by Danist Soh
”Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?”
We consider the beauty, history, natural history and culture of FLIGHT. Included might be: creatures, vehicles, dreams, angels, flying carpets, broomsticks, ideas soaring poetically through heavens, waters and artful imagination. Flightless dodo birds and mothballed airplanes welcome too. Gravity need not apply.
Creativity with everything is always encouraged. We are asking for a maximum of 3 pieces per artist. Multiple artworks from a series are encouraged. Artist’s statement is important. Please include an artist’s statement that tells what drives each work or describes your journey (100 words or less). You may also provide a separate artist’s biography or general statement (100 words or less). Note that brevity fits better on the wall tags!
- All 2D (wall mounted) or 3D mediums will be considered.
- Priority will be given to work that is 432 square inches or less for for each piece (i.e. 18×24), plus frame, due to the limited wall space.
- Any subject matter will be considered.
- Please inquire early about special display needs.
- This is a curated show with limited space. Not all submissions will be accepted.
A TVAA member at the Exhibiting Artist membership level in good standing through the dates of this exhibition may submit for no additional fee. TVAA members at the Artist membership level and non-members may pay a $25 submission fee to be in this show. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
Click here to join now if you are not yet a member and would like to join the TVAA. Annual membership is $75.
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Please provide your artist’s social media handles and website links.
- Please include title of work, medium, total dimensions including frame for each artwork, price or value (even if not for sale).
- Please include an artist’s statement.
- You may submit up to three digital images of original work(s).
- See below for submission period and deadline.
- Image files should be named as follows; artists last name followed by title and submission entry number (example: Smith_Hero_01.jpg)
- Image files must be in JPG format and no larger than 2MB. Please see the article on Photo Tips for preparing quality photos of your artwork. High quality photos are strongly encouraged, since this is how your work will be evaluated. There may also be an online version of this show using the images you send in with your application.
- Late entries will not be accepted, so be advised to not wait until the last minute to submit an entry, allowing time to catch any technical issues with an application.